Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Back In The Saddle Again

So, the beau and I went for a jog tonight. I wanted to be normal and jog around the neighborhood together (i mapped out a course on runthere.com and everything!) but he wanted to go to the soccer park and run... so I obliged, since he was actually going with me. It was so ITCHY!! Especially since the grass was fresh cut and I couldn't find my long pants so I was wearing shorts. But I digress. I don't know how far we ran... we did 4 laps around side-by-side soccer fields. I looked up soccer field dimensions to see how far we ran, but apparently, there is no "set" soccer field dimension... there is a min for length and width, that varies 30 yards length wise and 50 yards width. Next time, I guess we need to go with a pedometer. At the least, we did 1600 yards (0.909091 miles) and at the most we did 2640 yards (1.5 miles). I am going to go with the maximum because it took us almost 18 minutes to do it, and I only walked about a a lap and a half, and I know I'm not that slow. Even walking I can do better than an 18 minute mile! :)

So I feel really good about myself. :) At Em's insistence, I am going to start training for the Richmond 8k. The website has a great training program to follow, which starts Sept 22, so that gives me plenty of time to get back in shape so I can really use the training program to work on my time (the training schedule is set up for people who are just starting out with their running). I would really love to get my time down. When I ran the Race for the Cure 5k, I did it in 45 minutes, averaging about a 14.something minute mile. I'd love to get down to a 12 minute mile (hey, baby steps! :} )

It's time to get SERIOUS! :) I need to surround myself with pictures of the beach to keep me inspired :)

1 comment:

the tortise said...

Way to go, Erin! You know you can do it! You have done it once before. And, that weight will be much easier to lose if you're running! Make Joe put his money where his mouth is and hit those tropical shores!! You got this shiznit!