Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Setting Out...

So. My very first blog. It is my hope that by blabbing here about my frustrations with this new dieting challenge that I will be inspired to keep going. Plus, I recently read "Such a Pretty Fat: One Narcissist's Quest To Discover if Her Life Makes Her Ass Look Big (Or Why Pie is Not The Answer)" by Jen Lancaster, and let me tell you, she's hysterical! Plus, she used her writing as motivation to drop weight and she did and felt super, so I decided "hey that is not such a bad idea!" (however, she got paid big bucks for her weightloss story - I will not be that fortunate).

So, let's get onto why I've decided to take that route. My wonderful, loving, fantastic boyfriend and I both want to lose weight. He wants both of us to look stunning when we get married. And by all means, so do I. I don't want to look back at my wedding pictures and say "Wow, I was a cow".....So we decided to challenge each other. I'm dropping 25 pounds by Jan. 1, and he's dropping 20 pounds by Dec 1. I am also giving up soda for the month of September, just for a kick start. I have an insane addiction to diet coke, and that needs to be tempered!!

No comments: