Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Ahhh, You Better Take Me Home Tonight

..... down beside that red firelight... you gonna let it all hang out... fat bottomed girls you make the rocking world go 'round!!!

This has been my new anthem since Puck sang it to Lauren Zizes last week on Glee. Zizes is also my new personal hero. She's a big, beautiful gal and she's making Puck work for her love and attention. She's not swooning over him, the hottest guy in school, because he is giving her attention. She's making him EARN her affection. Rock on girl. Rock on. I wish I had an ounce of that self-esteem and worth. I mean, I never swooned over guys just because they announced their affect. But I also never thought boys actually liked me because I was not as pretty as my friends so I kind of avoided romantic relationships. It's complicated. ah.

But I'm still down, so I'm very excited. If I'm down 3 more pounds by February 28th, I get a present. I don't know what kind of present, but my husband has promised me some sort of delightful gift if I hit that milestone. Then, on March 1, I must establish a new milestone to reach by March 31 and then I get another present. Oh, the possibilities! :)

This weekend was rough, my husband is a bad influence. We ate fried chicken and ate Chinese food too. I gained a few lbs from that, but dropped back down to 238, which is where I was at my last weigh in. That's such a scary number. I hadn't really been posting my weight, but I decided if would be motivation to post it so I can watch the number get smaller and smaller and smaller.

I also feel like it's an appropriate time to announce my goal. I would like to weigh 170 pounds. That is my gigantic goal. 170 sounds like such a nice number. I haven't been 170 since, oh... like... 8th or 9th grade. Getting to my goal weight of 170 means I will lose 70 pounds. It's totally doable, I just need to be much more careful and aware of what I put in my mouth. I'm getting there. It's more of a change of lifestyle than anything else, and slowly but surely I'm getting there.

But that can be saved for another post.

No comments: