Wednesday, February 02, 2011

Knee's a' Knockin'

Last Thursday, there was a strange sound reverberating around the office. It echoed off the dormer windows and clattered around between the cubes. It lasted for a good solid two hours...... up until the point it was time to weigh-in. Yep, it was the sounds of my knees knocking together, terrified of what would happen when I stepped on that evil white tile.

It had been a bad seven days leading up to weigh-in. I was PMS-eating like a crazed person and had one of those months where you just can't be satisfied when you eat, no matter what it is. Coupled with an exhaustion I'm not really used to, I was lazy and ate like crap. I was terrified of what this week's weigh-in would be like.

Rightly so, it turns out. I gained two pounds. I was very disappointed, because when I had weighed-in at home that morning, I was down 1.5, and I didn't eat all day up until the weigh-in (not on purpose, I just had a busy morning and forgot about breakfast). I was the only one who gained weight and I dutifully put my $2 in the pot. I blame a lot of factors, but the one I blame the most is not drinking water. I always feel better when I drink water and it is my opinion that if I drink water like a good girl, I will be down again next week.

I also wasn't diligent about my lunch last week. I went out a few times and fell off of the lean-cuisine wagon. Well, I'm back on it today. Yesterday I had a cup of soup for lunch and a SmartOnes for dinner, topped off by a bowl of Chocolate Cheerios for desert. In a moment of weakness, I ate some chips too, and paid for it this morning. I felt bloaty and sick when I woke up and I was up 2 lbs when I weighed in at home. Thirty-two ounces of water I feel better, and I'm determined to drink another 32 oz of water before I leave here today. Today I had my SmartOne and a yogurt... yum.

Also, I'm working on accountability. My darling husband got me a DROID X for Valentine's Day. Yay! So I downloaded the My Fitness Pal app and have been trying to record everything I eat. When I get to work in the morning, I add my oatmeal AND my microwave lunch/yogurt so I feel like my fate is already written. Also, when I went to a super bowl party, I loaded up on fruits and veggies and a calico bean chili instead of all the crazy other stuff. I did eat two cookies and some amazing nacho cheesey dip, but I didn't pig out on bad food. So I was proud.

I'm still not pleased with myself on my exercise. I wanted to get up this morning but I fell back to sleep.... good thing my body naturally wakes up at 7:15 or I would've been super late for work. Tonight I'm going to make a very concerted effort to run on the treadmill when I get home. Fingers crossed that I'm successful!!!

No comments: